1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm sure he would like your big toe if you introduced it to him. I heard he has a foot fetish.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

In that case, he can lick Stan's nonexistent furry balls!

3. Roadkill, JR.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Is it just me or are other people having posting problems?

5. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

What's up with the Pens getting no love on national TV? Only two games, the opener Wednesday and a possible game five, are televised nationally.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=359445

6. accguy

accguy Member

Scrub,

The way it looks for the first round is that Versus/NBC seem to be focussing much of their resources on series between two U.S. teams. I would guess that would be in hope of capturing a little larger audience.

That means lots of Washington-Philly, Rangers-Devils, Red Wings-Preds and Wild-Avs.

If the Pens advance, which they should, I think we'll see more of them.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Because a lot of viewers couldn't find what country Ottawa's in.

NBC's nightmare Final(not that it will happen): Calgary vs Montreal.

CBC's dream series.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Good grief but those were great finals back in the day.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Gonna get to a Ducks playoff game this time around, Buck?

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ah, the good old days, when men were men and women couldn't vote. :)

11. Flash

Flash Guest

I once had a goal to get pregnant. :D

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I know my picks are late coming in but I've had a hell of a time trying to post the last several days. so I'll try again.

East
    Montreal in four - the Bruins cannot beat the Habs
    Pittsburgh in six - The playoffs will somehow galvanize the Sens but with the injuries and shit for goaltending Pittsburgh still wins, but it won't be a walk in the park.
    Washington in five - Caps are playing with confidence and have a certain swagger about them selves. reminds me slightly of the Oilers in 2006 but will have an easier route to the finals. - if they make it that far.
    Rangers in six - will be a war. But Rangers depth and overall team I think will carry them. HOWEVER, if it goes seven games I just cannot bet against Brodeur. He will steal at least two games this series for the Devils and if it goes to the seventh he will steal that one too. But i just don't see it getting there.

West
    Red Wings in seven - Preds highly underrated and Detroit has struggled in the first round the last several years. But I think they are still just too much for Nashville, McCarty will pay off huge, bringing a physical and emotional edge to them that they have missed the last few years. He is my early pick to reclaim Playoff hero status at some point.
    San Jose in five - this is their year, they have to win it or else I think Wilson is out of a job. Calgary has underachieved huge this season and only Iginla and Phanuef has been as advertised. Kipper has to pick up his game to even make this a series. Campbell will continue to show he was the best deadline acquisition.
    Colorado in seven - by far the best series of the opening round. The Wild can absolutely fly and the Avs appear to have their swagger back now that they are mostly healthy and have Forsberg clicking. This one is a toss up, but I just like the momentum the Avs have right now.
    Ducks in six- I think there are some serious chemistry issues in Dallas right now, especially with Richards not playing well. However Turco can steal a few games and injuries to Perry and Pronger will hurt the Ducks. But I just don't see the Stars getting out of the first round.

Draft saved Draft deleted