1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Avs-Devils in 2001 was better than this year's finals.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I hope you meant to use blue font.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's hard to compare different finals but this is inarguable: the worst one in my four decades of watching was the Devils '94-95 win over Detroit, May have been the four most unwatchable games in history.

They poisoned hockey until the last lockout.

And I think this year's final, by virture of game five, was better than the 2001 series, of which I cannot remember a thing other than Roy won the Smythe.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think seeing hockey in high def makes it much more enjoyable to watch.

HD adds more to hockey than it does to most of the other sports and especially the major sports.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7 million tuned in for Wednesday's game. And that's just the U.S.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

For someone who didn't root for either team in the final (but I did root for a 7-game series), it was very enjoyable. I like that the ratings were up, too, and wonder just how many more fans would have tuned in for a Game 7.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Fuck hockey ... where's Flash going? ??? ???

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

CBC had 2.3 million viewers, down about 8% from last year when Ottawa was in the Final but way up over the Ducks/Devils series which got an average of 1.5 million.
    If there had been a game seven, there might have been as much as 3 million for that game.

Now of course the question is: how is Bettman going to fuck up those great ratings in the US?

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hopefully the outdoor games will be as big of a success. They should be if mother nature cooperates.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hip-Hop Mayah Kwame Kilpatrick a featured guest at the Red Wings victory parade.

Ilitch didn't have the guts to tell the thug to go fuck himself.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080606/NEWS01/806060437/&imw=Y

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Her post has me curious, too. What's up?

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yea, like Mayor McThug even watched any of the hockey games.

Draft saved Draft deleted