1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Fun series to watch, great ending.

And I always get a kick when the commissioner, be it Bettman, Stern or Selig, gets booed by the crowd.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Sorry, MB. I definitely would have preferred a Pens Cup!

3. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I would have liked to have seen Bettman give the Pens some props before handing the Cup to Lidstrom.
    Also, I agree that Bettman's hair looked weird.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He tried to, but the microphone wasn't really working well, and the crowd was booing him so badly they weren't really paying attention to what he was saying.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't know...maybe the best series since the Rangers/Canucks.

If not, pretty damn good.

After seeing these two teams play I'm not all that excited about a Leafs/Tampa game in November.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I dunno, JR. After a while of not seeing any hockey, even a regular-season game will seem good by comparison. Kinda like actually watching an NFL preseason game down here in the States ... once you've been without for a while, grasping at even the flimsiest of straws doesn't seem so bad.

That and we actually get to see our teams play again.

I feel bad for Pittsburgh, but at least they got there and showed some fight later in the series.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Ah, JR, the Newfs will be partying until next week, not tomorrow morning. They do it up right.

And now for my last words on this board for a good, long while:

Told you so.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And I'll send you money for the Keith's.

Congrats girl, you got it right

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, they were only the deepest and most talented and experienced team in the NHL -- and winners of the President's Cup. But aside from that, it was a gutsy prediction on your part.

Kudos to the Red Wings. Damn, are they good. I was hoping the Penguins could make the leap all the way to Stanley Cup champions in one year, especially with all the contracts expiring, but so be it. Can't hate on the Wings. Great franchise, they do things they right way, and they absolutely built a machine.

It was fun to watch the Penguins grow up this season, that's for damn sure.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I don't know if since '94 is accurate. Not to be a complete fanboyloser, but the 'Canes/Oilers series was pretty damn entertaining -- even if the wrong team won -- and Calgary/Tampa was pretty decent too.
    This series was good, but it didn't really become a good series until Game 5. Before then it had one good game out of four. The last two really saved it. IMO anyways.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Great series. Don't know how scientific this was, but the gym I go to didn't have the Cup on Monday, but did have it on tonight, and people were watching and talking about it.
    Great third period. And a classy move by the Pens fans staying to cheer on your team. Too bad Fleury, who was standing on his head all series long, finally had to sit down. I was rooting for you P-burgers. Wait til next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted