1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2008 NHL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flash

Flash Guest

He is but 56. May he live long and prosper.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

This is being tabbed as the most talented pool in the history of the draft. Should be interesting.

Who's up for a few big deals on Friday?

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Good top-end of this draft but it does fall out quickly in the mid-first. Lots of maybes out there. Not thrilling in its depth. Right now, the next two drafts are looking MUCH stronger than this one.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I heard that the Pens and Kings were talking in regards to Malkin

5. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I believe you're thinking of www.nhlentrydraft2008.com.

The main thing that might keep Filatov from going second overall is the lack of a transfer agreement with Russia. Otherwise, why wouldn't the Kings take him?

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Now that's interesting.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AoCek4A9pY1myyvDTthJwLU5nYcB?slug=ap-rangerslawsuit&prov=ap&type=lgns

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere or earlier, but the NHL is threatening to suspend or possibly even remove MSG as owner of the Rangers due to the lawsuit the organization filed against the league in September.

This is a pissing match over control of promotional rights, correct?

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Burns was a solid coach for the Devils. Loved how he used Michael Eisner's comments in the 2003 Cup Final to provide a bit of motivation for his team to take out the Ducks that year. I, too, wish Burns success in his battle with cancer. I also hope he stays within the Devils organization.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The NHL wants to kick the Dolans out of the NHL.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080619/ap_on_sp_ho_ne/hkn_rangers_lawsuit_5

Beautiful. :D

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Pat Burns was great in Toronto. Was a grumpy old bastard but he wasn't a condescending prick like Quinn.

Ah, the good old days. :)

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/players/Evgeni+Malkin/nhl.p.3638

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think the most interesting thing here is that Shero's the one doing the shopping, not other teams coming to him. I think he sees the salary cap writing on the wall, and doesn't like what he sees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.