1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2008 NCAA lacrosse championship weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, May 25, 2008.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I hear they drew a nice crowd up in Foxborough today for the Division I semifinals...Syracuse vs. Johns Hopkins in the final.

Story on the Final Four coming to Gillette: http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/articles/2008/05/24/increasingly_a_numbers_game/.

Anyone going up there Monday for the finals? I'm kinda tempted to do so.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Who cares?

[/bitter Maryland fanboi looser]

Hatred of Hopkins runs deeeeeep (think Van Earl Wright)

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Was wondering if there would be a thread on this. All I want to say - and keep in mind that this is coming from a UVa grad/total fanboi looser - that Hoos/Syracuse game today was phenomenal.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would say I'm indifferent, but they did beat Duke, which makes me smile.

5. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I feel badly for you because UVa deserved to win, but Starsia coached a bad second half. He took the air out of the ball too soon.

As for the second game, I'm surprised Duke lost, but not shocked. John Danowski runs a clean program and he was a good choice after what happened, but he's not a good big-game coach. I'm a Hofstra fan, so believe me, I know.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Can I ask a dumb question?

Does the NCAA just play field lacrosse or do some schools have box lacrosse as well?

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Just field.

8. Just field. Some northern high schools, such as mine, play in box leagues over the winter. It wasn't an official varsity sport or anything, but we still played against the other high schools in our area.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing box lacrosse in the NCAAs.

I might actually try my hand at covering it since I didn't get to cover the Washington Wave. :(

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

My buddy from high school is the third-highest scorer on Johns Hopkins.

11. Considering there are only 57 Division I men's programs, it might be a few years before that happens.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Syracuse-Virginia was a great watch. Stayed up till 4 a.m. with it on ESPNU.

Draft saved Draft deleted