1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2007 World Junior Championships (Hockey) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 25, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Listened to Czechs and Canada on XM today. This satellite radio decision is getting better by the day.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok American boys and girls, go to channelsurfing.net, and there's a link to watch the TSN feed online.

Tavares just opened the scoring for Canada on the PP.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Does XM pick up the feed with Dan Dunleavy and Jack Miller on the mike?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thanks, GB. That works for me!

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Frequent updates please! I am on the road!

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Canadian guy just fucking DRILLED a Czech in the corner. He gets two for charge.

Wolf whistles from the crowd and bottles flying on the ice. Canadian announcers think the call was bullshit, and I'm inclined to agree.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Perfectly good hit from Gillies. It was a bullshit call.

1-0 after two....

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As McKenzie and McGuire pointed out, that's a European call. You'll rarely see that called in North America.

I thought it was an excellent hit.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

What a hit like that will get you over here - in the CHL at least - is a 10-minute scrum and a couple of fights.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Right after it on the touch-up it looked like a couple of Czech's were looking for a little payback, and then again after the ensuing cover from the blueline shot.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Tavares with his second, again on the PP. Stamkos has assists on all three goals.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

TSN guys have to get their shit together. Stan Butler coached the Wexford Raiders for years, not the Markham Waxers. And Matt Halischuk played for St. Mike's as a 16-year-old, not Kitchener, when he was gooned by Daniel Carcillo. I was at St. Mike's one night when Halischuk got kicked in the mouth after falling in the corner. Blood everywhere. Kid's a gamer.

Draft saved Draft deleted