1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2007 World Junior Championships (Hockey) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Very true, my brother. Justin Azevedo and Nick Spaling don't hurt either.

But SMCSA had better hot dogs than the Aud.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

One WCHA fan's notes:

Okposo is a hell of a player. Very strong on the puck, very good finisher.

Gophers will miss him a lot. Hard to begrudge him a shot at the pros right away, though.

Fairchild is a rookie D-man, shown some flashes of skill with the puck, but mostly has looked a little overmatched in the WCHA -- especially in his own end. Be interesting to see how he looks at this tournament.

Carman and Flynn are both capable forwards, but haven't shown any kind of dominance for Minnesota, though Flynn does have above-average speed.

Of the other WCHA forwards, I was most impressed with Rakhshani. He's a sniper. Geoffrion is a solid, physical forward.

Palmer, the goalie from OSU, wasn't impressive when I saw him -- could have been an off night.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

To give you an idea of the Canadian's depth: John Tavares is Canada's 13th forward. As Huggy pointed out, will be an impact on the PP.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

BTW, USA beat Kazakhstan 5-1 this morning.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Who played in net for the US?

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Jeremy Smith of the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL. Fly could probably come up with a detailed report on him.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

US outshot the Kazakhs 49-18. US goals by Van Riemsdyk, Rahkshani, Carman, Wilson and Okposo.

Sweden beat the Slovaks 4-3.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Go WCHA!

And I really just was hoping that Smith played in net because I was sincerely hoping he was the #1 guy.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I was looking for the game recaps somewhere. Where did you find it?

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-u20-championship/statistics.html

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

0-0 after one with Canada and the Czechs. Bernier has been very strong for the Canucks.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hmmm, without looking I'd start with TSN.ca. Try fan590.com for an audio broadcast.

Draft saved Draft deleted