1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2007 NHL regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 26, 2007.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I hope you don't fall for the Smasonov half season. Other teams have and the results are not pretty.
    I was talking to someone in the Canucks organization who is shocked that Carolina did not make the playoffs. When the Canucks went through Carolina earlier this year he thought they were the best team in the East.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

but his ego is to big not to. Please let this happen

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm not falling for anything, JC. But thanks for playing.

Sergei Samsonov was pegged as a franchise player at most, if not all, of his previous stops. With the Whalercanes, he's just another talented offensive weapon. For that purpose, he did just fine. When seeking a cornerstone, Carolina will seek Rod Brind'Amour or Eric Staal.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it wouldn't be great. But he's not going to get carte blanche from MLSE and that will be a problem.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

That Canes team also had Rod Brind'Amour and Justin Williams, who both got hurt. It seems like Carolina had more than its share of injuries this season. They are, of course, just part of the game but it's still frustrating.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Ummm ... so I think I just won my first fantasy pool. 8)

Did I? ???

7. ondeadline

You beat up on my team in the nhl.com sj league. Congrats!

I lost in the finals of TWO SportsJournalists.com fantasy-hockey leagues. I swear I didn't touch any conference-championship trophy. Honest!

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Awesome! Then just ignore the ???.

We'll just go with the 8)

And JR didn't help me at all!! Although he did mock me unmercifully for being a looser.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Well I guess we'll agree to disagree.
    I'm just a little to cynical, Samsonov has done this before and ended up hurting the team that signed him.
    If they do sign him I hope for the Canes sake it's on a 1 year deal.

10. ondeadline

Hey, maybe the Canes will win the draft lottery? :)

11. ondeadline

Upon further review of the rules: The Canes can't really win the lottery. If a team outside of the top five"wins the lottery," the Lightning retains the top pick. Also, Carolina only has a 0.5 percent chance of "winning the lottery."

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Tampa won the Stamkos lottery.

Leafs get to pick 7th in the first round.

They'll fuck it up for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted