1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2007 NHL regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 26, 2007.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

New thread.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Start a new thread HB. Wait till the seedings are announced and then everyone can do their brackets.

One thing I know already is that NBC is going to hijack the schedule and make us watch Saturday and Sunday afternoon games.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

4. accguy

accguy Member

Though I was late to this party, I say new playoff thread.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Backstrom already won the Calder in 1959 - what the hell are you all talking about?? :D

[​IMG]

;D

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

It is about time, but come on - they're going to retire No. 9 for Adam Graves but only "honour" the number for Bathgate?? That's bullshit.

And for my money, the greatest player who ever wore No. 9 on Broadway was neither Graves nor Bathgate - it was Murray Murdoch, who never missed a regular season, playoff or exhibition game during his entire NHL/Rangers career, more than 600 straight games. The original Iron Man of hockey, he was the first player the team ever signed and before he died in 2001 he was the last surviving original Ranger as well as the oldest living Stanley Cup winner. No. 9 should have been retired on his behalf many, many years ago.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Jesus, Double J, we thought you had fallen through the ice somewhere.

Welcome back.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

I can never stay too long....for whatever reason, my computer at home won't let me load up the pages of this site. Who knows wtf is happening?

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Samsonov and LaRose need to be re-signed. See if Cory Stillman and Mike Commodore want to come back to Raleigh. After that, focus on Ruutu and Eaves.

Consider giving Leighton a shot at the backup job. No doubt Cam is the man between the pipes, but I wonder if starting 20 straight games at the end of the season was more an indication of his strong play or more that Grahame was not to be trusted.

Jim Rutherford isn't going anywhere unless the persistent rumors that the Leafs want him suddenly have legs again. If so, does the organization feel Ron Francis is ready for a bigger role so soon?

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

In the Centre of the Universe, the rumour is that the guy the Leafs want is Burke.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I believe that. I didn't think rumors were flying that Rutherford was going anywhere. He's safe and Lavs isn't going anywhere.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Burke is too smart to come here.

Draft saved Draft deleted