1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2007 NHL regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

That's very possible. Has their really been that much talk about him and the Hart tho? Especially in the era of high goal scorers like Ovechkin and Malkin.

2. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

They'd have to beat Minnesota by something like 23 goals.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The Hurricanes are the first team in NHL history to win the Cup, then miss the playoffs the next two seasons. Six teams missed the playoffs the season after winning the Cup, but all made the playoffs the second season: Detroit in 1937; Chicago in 1938; Toronto in 1945 and 1967; Montreal in 1969; and New Jersey in 1995.

Ugh.

4. What is the status of Jim Rutherford in Carolina?

It is going to be interesting to see what the Canes do this offseason. They have $25 million tied up on Staal, Cole, Brind'Amour, Whitney, Williams, Cullen and Walker at forward, another $7.6 million on defense with Kaberle, Wallin, Corvo and Tanabe, and $2.5 million on Ward. Canes have to resign Samsonov, Ruutu, LaRose, Eaves, Gleason, Seidenberg, and find a backup goalie.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I think Michael Leighton isn't a bad option for the Canes' backup goalie, but there probably are better options out there. He had a stellar season in the AHL. Too bad Tanabe is signed.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Caps have decent tickets on sale for Game 2 - where might I find out when that might be?

7. Mod - NHL is supposed to announce the playoff schedule tomorrow from what I was told.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Games begin Wednesday-Thursday. Usually there is a day off between games (but not always).

So most likely Game 2s will be Friday-Saturday (possibly Sunday, depending on TV).

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hoping for Saturday but it looks like Wednesday/Friday from what I saw. Too bad. I can make a Saturday game. Decent tix available but I don't want to buy them now and find out it is Friday later. So I'll take my chances.
    Last Caps game I went to was 2004. Spent 400 bucks to take six people and at least they won.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The thing that concerns me about the Caps in the playoffs is they had to be next to perfect over the last few months just to get in. They may have already hit their peak.

But it's sure going to be nice having playoff hockey in the nation's capital again. At least I've seen Ovie play live this year. It makes falling backward in my chair after the game worth it. 8)

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

For the board's hockey people:

Do you want a new playoff thread or do you just want to use this thread as the hockey catch-all?

Draft saved Draft deleted