1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2007 NHL regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Flyers or Senators is the way I understand it, but I don't know shit.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thanks, HB. What do I do with a playoff beard?

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Yeah, appreciate the thoughts, HB. Heck, I already have a beard. Should I shave it now? :)

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Right now, it would be the No.6 seed Bruins, dependent on tomorrow's games.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Caps are the 3 seed. For sure, they're hosting Games one and two. The playoffs begin on Wednesday. So, it's just a matter of when the series begins. Dependent on what happens later tonight and tomorrow, I believe the Caps will play either the Rangers, Senators or Bruins.

On a completely unrelated note, video of the Mark Bell hit on Alfredsson. The Sens' captain might want to keep his head on a swivel from now on.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Grow it out, lads. It's the playoffs.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

HB, I already have. I guess I don't even bother to trim it.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Cherry's sport coat is outstanding. His opinion about the Sens possibly giving Montreal trouble in the playoffs is not so outstanding.

Pens-Flyers and Rangers-Devils tomorrow. I can see the Flyers wanting to cost Pittsburgh the Eastern Conference top seed. If the Rangers win tomorrow, they'll be the fourth seed in the East and open the playoffs against Jersey. If Jersey wins, Rangers could be the fifth or sixth seed.

9. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

If Philly beats Pittsburgh, they get the sixth-seed. I'm not sure what the tie breakers are with Ottawa and Boston if the Flyers get a point.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Isn't it total wins first, regardless of how many teams are tied? Which would go to Ottawa, I think.

Edit: The 7-8 would come down to Bos-Phi head-to-head, I think. They'd have identical records.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Well I've kind of forgotten how to act in the playoffs, for one. Second, I just really really hate the Penguins, and have since I was in elementary school. But, the Cappies are hot right now. No one scares me.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Leafs suck. Dump 'em all except Paul Maurice, Mats, Kaberle and Moore.

Draft saved Draft deleted