1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2007 MLB Post-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 29, 2007.

?

Who is going to win the World Series (once the Mets or Phils are eliminated, I'll whack out the N.L.

1. Red Sox

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  2. Indians

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Angels

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. Yankees

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. Phillies

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  6. Cubs

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  7. Diamondbacks

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  8. Rockies

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

At least it will be a good fielder at first in Lee and not Bull Durham (not that I remember a grounder going through Leon's legs at any point.)

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Or you could have a Cubs-Phillies NLCS, where game 7 will be decided 23-22.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

When Ryan Howard screwed up that grounder the other day, I had a flash back to Leon Durham's error between the wickets in '84. Good times!

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

More like smartass.

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Anyone know if this is a game to be broadcast outside the local markets (i.e. the local FSN networks).

Is it on TBS? Fox? ESPN?

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

TBS, first pitch at 7:37 p.m. EST.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Thanks guys, I'm an idiot. I forgot TBS had rights this year. Never even looked.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I think the Red Sox will roll the Angels. Anaheim's pitching is extremely sketchy on the road, and Fenway has been a house of horrors for the Angels.

As far as the Yankees series, I really have no idea. I could see the Yankees sweeping the Indians and I could see the Indians treating the Yankees like a bitch - much like the Tigers did last year.

It really all comes down to the Yankees starting pitching. If they can keep them in games the Yankees will win that series.

9. Pete Incaviglia

I picked the Angels long ago and I'm sticking with them. Playoff baseball isn't always about stats, percentages, probabilities and numbers (read: The reason the A's never advanced a little while back and why Macha lost his job)

It's sometimes about instinct, and Scioscia - and Leyland for that matter, if the Tigers had made it - has the best in the game.

The Angels just find ways to win, and a lot of it has to do with Scioscia. I firmly believe that. The guy takes more chances than anyone else - and they always seem to pay off.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Is Kelvim Escobar healthy? I thought I read somewhere that he was injured, but I just searched and couldn't find anything.
    The Angels lineup scares me. It is the best in the AL because of the way they create runs. I definitely could see Anaheim winning it all.
    Should be interesting.

11. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the voter was trying to be a post-Mets loss smartass! (And, you know, seeing if a vote for the Mets could still be cast)

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, I typed the Santana part without thinking. I did a little research and realized they weren't using him anymore.
    I think both AL series have the potential to be really great 5-game sets.

Draft saved Draft deleted