1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2006 World Series Of Poker Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Jul 26, 2006.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Wasicka doubles up through Gold with a massive suckout on the turn.  Huge hit to Gold's chip stack.

Wasicka went all-in after the flop.  Gold called.  Gold showed AK with a K on the board.  Wasicka showed K 10 and hit the 10 on the turn.  Gold is talking to himself.

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

shit, I must have my invisible cloak on again.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Not so sure I'd call that a "huge" hit to Gold. He's still got 45 mill to Wasicka's 18 mill in second. he was due to be sucked out on (I just ended that sentence with not just one, but two prepositions; my editor would be so upset).

I was wishing I'd bought and Tivo'd the PPV, but the link to watch it is just about as good.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I really cannot fathom the idea of paying money to watch people play poker.

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

9 million is a pretty big hit in my book. also a psychological hit.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My psyche wouldn't be too bruised if I had 2 1/2 times the second-place guy and had only been sucked out on once all day. I understand what you're saying, but the guy is still in command.

7. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

By the way -- and I'm serious when I ask this -- would Gold be the first Jew to win the main event?

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Was Stu Ungar Jewish?

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

You're right --- disregard previous post.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Mel Gibson is not gonna be happy. ;D

11. Frankenberry

Frankenberry New Member

The amazing thing here, I think, is that they're raising 10 people's buy-in. That's unfathomable.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Wasicka takes a huge hit, calling Binger's all in with KQ offsuit. Binger shows KK and it holds up.

Draft saved Draft deleted