1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2006 World Series Of Poker Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Gold probably just won the tournament.  Eliminated Richard Lee, who was 2nd in chips, calling Lee's all-in.  Gold flipped up QQ and Lee had JJ.

Gold has $51 million in chips which is like a $35 million lead.

3. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Did Phil Gordon break this one out yet:

"OK, there's a re-raise. He really has no choice now but to go all-in here."

4. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Walter, I'm on dialup so that link you provided was a total waste for me ... but it does work. I saw enough before I got buffered out to see some guy (assumedly Gold) taking up half the table with his chips. Holy crap.

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Dinner break

6. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

7. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Member

I still like Cunningham's chances even if he has $20 million going into heads up. That would be a 3-to-1 deficit, but with one double up they'd be even.

Cloutier was at a 10-to-1 disadvantage to Ferguson in the main event a few years ago and made it back before a cruel beat on the river denied him.

8. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I think Cunningham would have enough points to be POY if he wins the main event.  He was 11th going in.  

It will be interesting to see if Gold gets involved in many pots after they come back from dinner.  Even if Cunningham eliminated every other player, Gold would still have about a $10 million chip lead going into a heads-up match.  

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

That was quite possibly the greatest call I've seen. I got the PPV and have been glued to the TV since the start. Thought I'd jump on during the dinner break and see what everyone else was saying.

My brother and I said about three hours ago that Richard Lee was going to lose all of his chips to either Cunningham or Gold. We were right.

Final two will be Cunningham and Gold ... but that Wasicka guys is pretty good.

10. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I agree. Wasicka is the 2nd best player at the table.

11. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

And as I say that, Wasicka makes a couple terrible plays and Gold takes down a couple big pots from him just by playing aggressively.

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Oh my. Gold calls Wasicka's all-in with A-K, Wasicka has K-10. King on the flop, 10 on the turn, eight on the river, Wasicka has a new lease on life.

Draft saved Draft deleted