1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2006 World Series Of Poker Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

OK, seven left and Gold is a chip monster, betting $5 million at a time and just bullying the table.

2. peixeiro

peixeiro Guest

Cunningham took a bad beat.

He had A-Q to Binger's A-10.
    Flop came Q-J-blank. Binger pushed all-in on an inside straight draw and hit the King on the turn.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

79. Allen Cunningham raises to $600,000 from under the gun and Doug Kim calls from middle position. Jamie Gold folds, but accidentally exposes A10. Everyone else folds and the flop comes KQJ. Cunningham bets $500,000 and Kim folds.

***Wow, I don't think i would've folded A-10, despite the raise in front of me. But then again, that's why I'm here and they're there.

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

104. Jamie Gold raises to $750,000 from the cutoff and Richard Lee makes the call from the small blind. Paul Wasicka calls from the big blind and the flop comes QQJ. It is checked around and the turn is the J. It is checked to Gold, who bets $800,000. Both Lee and Wasicka fold and Gold shows 32 as he rakes the pot.

That's some big stack poker, folks.

5. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Doesn't take a whole lot of talent to risk 2.5% of your stack to see if anyone has a Q, J or A. Not disagreeing with you, just sayin'.

6. Lester Bangs

Rooting as I am for Cunningham, you still have to love that play. Took their money with total shit. Yeah, a straight bully play, but it's fun to watch the others bow to the big stack.

7. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I'm watching this on PPV by the way (I know, I'm sick). Cunningham just made a ridiculously good call with ace high against Gold and took a huge pot. Might be the hand of the tournament.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Thu Aug 10 20:26:00 PDT 2006
    Michael Binger Doubles Through Allen Cunningham For a Third Time

114. Allen Cunningham raises to $750,000 from middle position and Michael Binger moves all in from the button for $3,010,000. Cunningham makes the call and shows QJ but Binger turns over AQ. The flop comes 862 and Cunningham loses one of his outs. The turn is the 5 and the river is the 7. Michael Binger has doubled up through Allen Cunningham for the third time.

***Tunes into Rounders:

KGB (being played by Cunningham): Hanging around, hanging around. Kids got alligator blood, can't get rid of him!

9. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Can you give us a sense of what the PPV's like? Any announcers? Hole card glimpses? Boring as shit? Worth the $25?

10. Lester Bangs

It's available on PPV? Where?

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Pretty much everywhere. It's an ESPN PPV thing.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

If I wasn't at home watching it, I'd be at the bar spending at least $25 so it's worth it to me.  It's actually pretty cool.  Phil Gordon is the color guy. Hellmuth was in there for awhile too.  Don't know who's doing the "play by play."  No hole cards, which actually makes it kind of interesting to follow along and see how you would play the hands.

Draft saved Draft deleted