1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2006-07 NFL Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 31, 2006.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter.

Last time he faced the Chiefs in the playoffs he had a Bill-Walton-vs.-Memphis-State-type of game and a 158.3 rating.

And I'm sure you thought that was a shitty game.

Of course, with the Colts' run defense the team may only get about 6 possessions. So anything less than 35 points (scoring TDs on 5 of 6 possessions) will be regarded as shitty.

And as to why Jets-Pats and Giants-Eagles aren't on prime time . . .

At least the game NBC picked may feel like a playoff game.

We've already seen Jets-Pats and Giants-Eagles.

Twice.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'm still waiting for injury reports, but impatient, so here goes:

AFC:

Colts over Chiefs in a rout.
    Patriots beat Jets. Mike & Mike have material for a week of shows.

NFC:

Giants upset Eagles. (Yes, I said the Giants would lie down like dogs.)
    Cowboys knock off Seahawks. (Parcells refuses to lose in the first round.)

Semis:

AFC:

SD over NE.
    Ind. over Balt.

NFC:

Bears over Giants.
    Saints maul Cowboys.

AFC title game: Colts beat SD. Peyton Manning sticks up a finger.

NFC title game: Bears beat Saints in Chicago.

Super Bowl XLI: Bears over Colts.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Seriously. Are you Michael Irvin retarded?

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Other than the Giants beating the Eagles, it could all happen.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

There's no way either the Bears or the Colts make the Superbowl right now. The NFL playoffs are all about momentum, and those two have none.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Colts over both the Ravens and Chargers?

The Ravens have a dominating defense, and just as important, a 3-4, which has given Manning trouble. They also have enough of a running game to take advantage of Indy's pathetic run defense.

The Chargers are a good enough defensive team to slow Manning down. And just imagine what Tomlinson would do to the Colts.

And that's assuming Indy gets by Kansas City, which will probably happen, but is by no means a lock.

Most unbelievable? The NFC winning the Super Bowl. There are AFC teams that missed the playoffs that could win the NFC.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Almost as unbelievable as a shitty NL team winning the World Series, huh? Man, the memories are short around here.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Question:
    If Tom Brady actually pulls this off, is he the greatest ever?

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I don't know, but it would probably be the most impressive of his wins. At least when he upset the Rams he had a better supporting cast, and the AFC is really tough this year.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

When he beat the Rams, he was brand new to the Super Bowl stage. That win will always be his most impressive. Also, his cast was worse that year. Antowain Smith was the featured back and he had no one at receiver. The defense was significantly better, however.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I see what you mean Pally, but I have to disagree about the receivers. He has close to nothing in that receiving corps right now, a lot of young guys and no Ben Watson. Dillon and Maroney are a definite upgrade if they're healthy though.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I pondered the possibility the NFC could spring a Cardinals-like upset, which would seem more likely in a one-game playoff than in a seven-game series. But I just don't see it.

Indeed, when you refer to short memories here, anyone picking the Eagles to go far should remember the board's love affair with the sizzling Twins in October...the same Twins who were swept in the ALDS by a team that didn't even win a game from Detroit in the ALCS. Momentum does not always carry over.

Draft saved Draft deleted