1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2006-07 NFL Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't buy that theory. McNabb has always come off as a company man, which would lead me to believe he wants the Eagles to win, though maybe wish to see Garcia play poorly in the process. Like he would lose his job because of this.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If the Eagles win the Super Bowl and Garcia plays well, Garcia is #1 on the depth chart until he loses the job.
    The the Eagles lose the Super Bowl and Garcia doesn't throw up on the turf, it's his job as well.

3. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

No way the Jets beat the Pats Sunday.

I'd take the Chiefs over the Colts because they match up well with them, but I'd never bet on Herm Edwards in the playoffs on the road.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Koy Detmer was signed as the No. 3 QB for the Eagles.

5. aspiring

aspiring Member

You know, I got ripped apart for a similar comment after McNabb went down (Comprable to Jim Kelly Comment. I'm sure some of you remember that slip on my part). Donovan will be rooting for Garcia to do well. I think he will be an effective part of the offense in Philly when he is healthy again. Let's not start this arguemnt again. Bad memories there.

As far as the picks go, I don't see a sinerio that would have any other teams than the Saints and Chargers in Miami. That game could go either way. Yes, I know L.T. will have a stellar game, but Brees has more weapons at his disposal. I don't think Rivers has the depth to beat the Saints. THe game for San Diego rests in the feet (and maybe arm) of LT.

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Big night out with Mom, tough guy?

7. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

One thing many of you seem to be forgetting with the Chargers is who their coach is. Given how much he likes to bash Manning's playoff follies (deservedly so), I'm surprised BYH has jumped on the Chargers bandwagon like he has.

Marty is 5-12 in the playoffs. He sucked in the playoffs when with the Browns, he sucked again with the Chiefs, and he's sucked (and will continue to do so) with the Chargers. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. If he hasn't figured out after 20+ years as an NFL coach that you can't play not to lose in the playoffs, he never will.

The Chargers have the talent to go all the way. But their coach will ensure they won't.

With that, my meaningless picks:

Chiefs 38, Colts 27
    Patriots 27, Jets 13
    Chargers 24, Chiefs 14
    Ravens 23, Patriots 10
    Ravens 24, Chargers 13

Eagles 31, Giants 17
    Seahawks 20, Cowboys 17 (best game of this weekend)
    Saints 34, Eagles 31 (best game of the playoffs)
    Bears 31, Seahawks 21 (Bears are overrated, but Seahawks aren't anything special either)
    Saints 31, Bears 20

Ravens 35, Saints 17

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Only because your mom was busy on the street corner. Just another year for her.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have brought this up before and I think it still applies regarding Schottenheimer and the Chargers. If Bill Cowher can finally win the big one, so can his old mentor.

Not that they do everything the same, but they both had a lot of the same problems in the post-season. Then again, I don't like how the Chargers match up with the Ravens, who have the run defense to take away Tomlinson and the pass rush to force Rivers into mistakes.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I agree. I really like that Ravens squad.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is scary. Chuck and I agree.

I hate that Ravens team, but that's the Steelers fan in me. The Steelers played pretty good football the final eight games of the season, winning six, and the Ravens absolutely kicked the crap out of them twice during that stretch.

If you can protect your quarterback, you can beat them. Or at least be close enough if the Ravens' offense falters. But that's a lot easier said than done.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

see: simms-hostetler, 1991.

Draft saved Draft deleted