1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2006-07 NFL Conference Championship thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jan 14, 2007.

1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

In this case the NFL really must want Peyton to play in a super bowl because as stated you have the Pats beating the Colts.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Some people just can't let go.

Why would the Bears score only 3 against the Saints defense?

Try not to sound like Frankenstein with the response: "Grossman bad."

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Only because the Chargers handed the ball right back when he threw a fourth-down interception, but he was money after that.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

You're right (how it pains me to say that). The Bears' offense will score 13 on the Saints, but still lose 24-13.

As for the other game:

Colts 20, Patriots 17.

5. aspiring

aspiring Member

Sorry, Heard the Colts on TV ad hit post before I realized I did it. Hehe, Just replace Colts with Pats on that one.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

You're delusional.

Bears 34
    Saints 30

Colts 38
    Patriots 27

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Pot this is kettle. Kettle this is pot.

8. aspiring

aspiring Member

Not sayiong that about Grossman. I simply think the Saints' defense has really picked up hte tempo over the past fewweeks while the Bears have been on a slow decline. Yeah, they won today, but they were supposed to blow the Seahawks out.

As for the score abouve, the Bears don't have enough gas in the tank to finish like that. Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe the Bears' offense can score a TD, but the Saints are playing the best ball of anyone left in action.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

There's a non-answer.

10. aspiring

aspiring Member

Dyepack, do you post just to piss people off? THe Saints D has picked up as the Bears O has fallen. et me say it in words you might understand.

SAINTS DEFENSE BETTER THAN BEARS OFFENSE!

What is your rationale for the BEars winning? C'mon, it shouldn't take long to figure out THIS line of BS from the all mighty DyePack.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I don't think the Saints D is nearly as good as you think.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

First of all, I say this as a Bears fan, so realize where this is coming from:

The people who think the Bears defense is totally awesome right now, and that Rex Grossman or Brian Greise should just hand off three times and punt, and take a page from the DON'T LOSE IT GUYS! Trent Tilfer School of quarterbacking, are clueless. This is not the same Bears defense from a year ago, nor it is the same defense from earlier this year. With Tommy Harris out, the Bears have no pass rush. Zero push up the middle, and they can't slow down teams that run right at them either. And without Mike Brown in the secondary, they're totally vulnerable there too. The Bears defense is extremely average right now. The people who thought they were going to "blow out" the Seahawks seem to be clueless to the fact that Harris and Brown aren't playing, and for the life of me, I don't understand why.

I hold my breath every time Rex drops back to pass and lets the ball go. He terrifies me. But the Bears have bigger flaws than Rex Grossman, starting with the fact that Charles Tillman can't cover anyone, Urlacher isn't a great linebacker if he has to shed two blockers to make plays up the middle, Ogunleye seems to go about half speed most of the time, Tank Johnson is nuts, Mushin Muhammed can't seem to focus (as evidenced by the pick that went right through his hands and probably should have cost the Bears the game today). This is a very flawed team. I think they can still beat the Saints, maybe even win a Super Bowl (though it would surprise the hell out of me) but this is not the Bears defense from the previous two years. To act like it's all Rex Grossman's fault, and that everything would be fine if he simply turned into a caretaker is asinine. If he doesn't throw that perfect 80-yard strike to Berrian today, the Bears completely implode. I love it how SI.com's Don Banks completely ignores all the good things Rex did today in his analysis, blames him for an interception that wasn't his fault (thanks Mushin!) and then claims that Cedric Benson should be getting a majority of the playing time over Thomas Jones, which is absurd. Part of the reason why they can't protect Grossman in the first place is every time Benson is in, he can't figure out where the pressure is coming from.

I love the Bears. I was thrilled when they won today. But people have such a boner over Rex's flaws that they're acting like he's the anchor dragging down the greatest team of all time. It just ain't the case. I'd still rather ride or die with Rex than ride or die with Greise at this point. At least Rex can make some throws when he has to, like the 31-yard toss today that set up the game-winner. The only thing Griese has ever done is help expose Mike Shannahan with his own shitty play.

Draft saved Draft deleted