1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2006-07 NFL Conference Championship thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've already put down here I think the Bears will win ... but the sad thing about this part of the playoffs is this: 2 weeks before the season began I was at the gym and a trainer told me he was going to Vegas. I told him I'd give him $20 to put on the Saints to win the Super Bowl, figuring they'd be getting something like 250-1 odds, maybe better. I forgot to give him the $20 before he left. Pisser. Not to say they'll win it, but you never know now that they're 2 wins away.

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Yeah, it's gonna be a rough couple of weeks for us. Because if the Colts win, you bet your ass I'm rooting for the NFC in the Super Bowl.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I may have to trade you in for a less difficult boy toy now.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well if the Bears D and Grossman plays the way they did tonight, I'm hoping the weather will slow Breese,Bush,McAllister down enough that the Bears win out. Regardless it will be a hell of a game.

As much as i would like to see the colts shit haul the Pats, for some reason i see it coming down to a Vinateri kick – and he misses wide right for the first itme in his life in a game that really mattered, and then the idiot kicker can be heard laughing from where ever he is hiding.

This of course will set up a rematch of Super Bowl XX and the Bears will once again win and Grossman will go from goat to the greatest quarterback who ever lived.

Just a thought though

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Rex Grossman = Tony Eason

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

But Tony Eason was such a nice boy.

7. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

It would be hard to argue with that prior to Denver last year and San Diego this year. He has played very poorly in those games. I don't think he will play as bad next week and for the Pat's sake he better not or their season is over.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Overall, Brady did not play well today, Indians, but when it mattered he brought them from 8 down in the final 5 minutes.
    Hard to knock his ability to win the big one even on a bad day

9. indiansnetwork

Yea Brady played well in spots mostly when they needed it most but he really can't play so poorly overall again or the Pat's will be playing golf Feb 1st.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I believe that Brady will play better than Troy Smith did last Monday night...;-}

11. indiansnetwork

12. aspiring

aspiring Member

Saints 28
    Bears 17 (Both TDs defensive)

Pats 24
    Colts 21

SUPERBOWL

Saints 31
    Colts 21

Draft saved Draft deleted