1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2006-07 NFL Conference Championship thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jan 14, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's tough to beat Belichick twice in a one season, plus I don't think there's a better current quarterback in big games than Brady, so I'll reluctantly take the Pats to beat the Colts. I'm still undecided about the NFC title game.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Anyone else see two weeks of Manning vs. His Daddy's Team hype, coupled with weepy Katrina talk. I do.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Bears and Colts will keep rolling toward the Super Bowl, in spite of the bandwagon jumpers and their predictions.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

I think the Colts will win, too. Last year, with everything set up for them, they spit the bit. This time they entered the playoffs as a deeply flawed team heading into a bad matchup -- Larry Johnson vs. NFL's worst run defense. But they've won back-to-back defensive slugfests without much help from Manning. I think the confidence is way up and this time they really believe they can win regardless of how Peyton plays.

Plus, it makes sense in a twisted sort of way because a win would prove nothing in the NFL makes sense. Last year, the Colts were clearly the best team and lost. This year, they are the most vulnerable they've been in years, so they'll win.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, there's no reason to play the games. A blowhard jackass has already declared what's going to happen.

It must be nice to be all-knowing Dye Pack. I, for one, feel privileged to share the same message board with him. I humbly bow at your feet, oh blowhard one.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

So, what happened to the 90-96 percent who said the Colts couldn't possibly win against KC or at Baltimore? And that there was absolutely, positively no way Grossman could win a playoff game? Where are those people?

Riddle me that, pucklicker.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Some have the guts to share them before the games. Some wait until the games are over, then claim they knew what would happen.

9. A solid argument. I was laughed out of the room when I made it before the playoffs began.

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

SportsJournalists.com protocol update: For the next 6-21 days (depending on game outcomes), DyePack's self-made cliche of choice will be "Bandwagon jumpers." Please be sure to update your workbooks.

Also, sc, dead to me too. Boy, won't it suck if both of your football fangirl allegiances lose in semifinals to my football fanboy allegiances within mere months?

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That is no way to show your love for me, dammit!

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Indianapolis 38
    New England 31

New Orleans 31
    Chicago 17

Super Bowl XLI

New Orleans 41
    Indinapolis 31

Draft saved Draft deleted