1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2006-07 NFL Conference Championship thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jan 14, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Colts-Pats will get all the hype, but Saints-Bears should be the better game.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

You are so cute.

3. I thought it was interesting that the two road teams won in the AFC, while the two home teams held court in the NFC. Just throwing that out there.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My picks

The Colts [/fangirl]

The Saints

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Dead. To. Me.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

If it is a Saints-Patriots Super Bowl, it will be the fourth Super Bowl, where both conference/league championship games were won by both road teams.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Saints and Colts (Pleeeeeeeeeeeeze, Colts!)

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Patriots 35, Colts 33
    Bears 16, Saints 6

I chose the 16-6 score because of the last time the teams played in the playoffs (was it '90?). Anyway, I'd found a bookie and took the Bears minus-8. For a long time the score was 9-6 and I was very pissed because I put down more than a few bills. My memory is hazy here, but I believe the Bears blocked a field goal attempt and ran it back for a late TD, so they covered. I was very happy.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why are we even bothering? Just hand the trophy to the damn Patriots now and put us all out of our misery....

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Don't worry, OOP. the NFL already is working out its plan to be sure that happens.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Colts over Pats, 31-28

Saints over Bears, 17-13

Draft saved Draft deleted