1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Runnin' Elite Eight thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Mar 24, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey keep quiet. I was at a wedding all day and saw about two minutes of the Memphis game and not a second of Kansas.

The ironic part (at least in an Alanis Morrissette way)? The groom is the biggest college basketball fan I know. *whipping souind* :D

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Still not sure why Kansas would have been the fourth, either, given the Florida victory and sweeping conference titles.

Had UCLA been No. 1 and KU No. 2 in the West, I would have been fine with that. Reward the No. 1 seed. But don't make KU a No. 1 seed in name only and have the Bruins play four in-state games on the way to Atlanta. This is the second time in as many years the Bruins have reaped No. 1-seed rewards as a No. 2. Just doesn't seem right to me.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I hate my office pool. After a shit first-round, I am now kicking ass. But since the point structure is the same for every round, I'm screwed.

WHY CAN'T FOOLS UNDERSTAND THAT TO CORRECTLY PICK THE LATER ROUNDS IS HARDER THAN THE EARLY ROUNDS?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Screw you!!! WHY CAN'T FOOLS UNDERSTAND THAT TO PERFECTLY PICK THE ELITE EIGHT IS HARDER THAN THE FINAL FOUR?

Sorry. I'm grumpy.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

UCLA has one of best man to man defenses I have ever watched.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

UCLA surrendered 25 turnovers, one hell of a lot of them pure steals, and held Kansas to 55 points. That speaks of almost superhuman defense.

7. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Not this year.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I think it should be a rule for Oregon to wear that neon yellow uniform every game. The blacks, though sweet, aren't as good.

9. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

What a dunk by Bryce Taylor on Horford. Wow!

10. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Did JB just say "He's got a nice package down low?"

11. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

The Georgetown-NC game is fascinating. The teams couldn't be more different. I hope the big guys stay out of foul trouble, which is a longshot.

12. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

James Brown was shocked that caucasian Adam Zahn is Oregon's best leaper.

Draft saved Draft deleted