1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Runnin' Elite Eight thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Don't look at me, I picked UCLA to the Final Four in my money brackets.

2. my hokey comment of the year; that was classy of Ben Howland to give love to Dick Enberg.

3. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

So is this the right time to gloat that I'm 2-for-2 with my final four picks and still have the other two going tomorrow? I'm sold on Florida getting there, but my other wildcard pick of Georgetown over Carolina, I'm a bit iffy on right now....

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Dick was having none of it, though. He seemed to have a bug in his ear to "get back to Greg in New York" in a hurry.

5. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

KU beat Florida and won both the Big 12 regular season and conference titles, so if the committee looked at the entire season, the Jayhawks deserved that No. 1 seed.

UCLA simply didn't deserve to play in San Jose. Second straight year the Bruins get a No. 2 seed and win a regional final.

And yes, this is sour grapes moments after KU lost, but I didn't like that wrinkle when they announced the brackets to start with.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Both my championship game picks are in the Final Four. Yee Ha

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

And thus, the Bluebirds of...

Ahh, never mind. I know how it is to have my boys bounced from the NCAA. ;)

Fuck you, Ohio State. Go Heels! (default fanboy choice for me at this point, owing to some ties to Wilmington, NC)

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

So how good was the UCLA-Kansas game? Should I be bitter that I was watching Juco baseball instead?

10. John

John Well-Known Member

It was good, but I wouldn't say great. I enjoy watching UCLA when it's playing well, and actually making a few shots.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

The Collison 3-pointer was amazing, especially for thoise of us who have UCLA in the final (against G'town).

12. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Kansas was the fourth of the No. 1 seeds. Since the other three were from back East, SOMEONE had to go to San Jose. Thus, it was the worst of the No. 1 seeds. This essentially was a 4-vs.-5 game in a quarterfinal. And it was a trip UCLA has done many times before, since the Pac-10 plays mostly Thursday-Saturday.

I'll echo what someone else said: The Howland comment to Enberg was total class. I love listening to Enberg do a game. Yeah, yeah, he's lost a step. Who wouldn't? Still better than 99 percent of who's out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted