1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Runnin' Elite Eight thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Mar 24, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Kind of strange that never have four No. 1 seeds made the Final Four. I think after this weekend, that's going to change.

Should be a couple of good ones today.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Ohio State better not tempt fate again, or it's not going to make it. I don't really think Memphis is good enough to beat the Buckeyes unless the Buckeyes help out a lot.

Although I picked Kansas to make the NCAA final, I think UCLA beats the Jayhawks today.

Florida and North Carolina should win close games in their regional finals.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Seems like that's how everyone's picking that one.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The good news: All four of my Final Four picks are in the Elite Eight
    The shaky news: They are UCLA, Georgetown, Oregon, and Ohio State, iffiest of the 1 seeds.
    I could win out. I could more plausibly be skunked.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Who cares about any of this. I wanna see how much unintelligible crap Raftery spews.

"Boogeegooja, yo weya! Onions!"

You da man, Bill.

6. Boy, is this a minority opinion.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I picked UCLA to win it all, but damn Kansas is playing good right now and I don't know if the Bruins can do it.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oden will DESTROY Memphis today. It is time for the Buckeyes to unleash him. They've fallen behind in the last couple games because he hasn't been a big enough part of the game. Today that changes and they roll to the Final Four.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm hoping not. I'll leave the predicting to the Predictor, though. I'll just be fanboy-ing it up, in hope that the Tigers can surprise the nation.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Shutout baby.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Anyone read all the trash talking Joey Dorsey did about Oden coming into this game? Very harsh. And although I can't disagree with pretty much anything he said, it still wasn't smart giving OSU any bulletin-board material.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Nothing like a little blood spurting out of some kid's head all over the floor. That was gross.
    Also, Memphis has got some high flying dudes on its team.

Draft saved Draft deleted