1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Run Ricky Run' Worth Seeing

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Lugnuts, Apr 26, 2010.

1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

A guy who doesn't think much about his kids = Every other American father pre-1965

Why are you attacking someone for his old-fashioned values?

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

WTF?

3. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

(...Sorry. It was a pathetic stab at being ironically humourous. I.E. Ricky being like the cliched 1950s Dad who left 99.9% of the child-rearing to Mom, was distant and didn't think much about the kids when they weren't in direct sight.... I will slink off now....)

4. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Just caught "The Guru of Go" about Westhead and Loyal Marymount - fabulous.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Super guy who got fucked by Magic, caught an unfortunate break with the passing of Gathers but still managed to keep his head high. Way to to Paul Westhead. You are an inspiration to many.

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I haven't seen this show, but hope to stumble across it sometime.
    Westhead is possibly the best I've ever dealt with in terms of a writer/coach relationship.
    As I've said before around here, LMU was damn lucky to have someone as intelligent and well-spoken as Westhead as the main spokesman in dealing with the Gathers tragedy.

Can you imagine if it was somebody such as Harrick (It's gonna be a tradegy (sic). He was a fiiiine young man) or Vitale (HEAVEN'S GETTING A PRIME-TIME PLAYER, BAAAABEEE).

7. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

You'll love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted