1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Run Fatboy Run

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I saw it tonight. If you have even a basic knowledge of running (especially marathons) it's so unrealistic it will make you cringe, but it had quite a few laughs.
    For some reason Shaun of the Dead didn't do much for me, but I liked this one and Hot Fuzz.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've never seen Shaun of the Dead, but I thought Hot Fuzz was the funniest movie of last year so I will probably try and see this as well.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, this one's on my list to see. I've become a big Simpn Pegg fan, seeing HF then SotD. Even checked out a sketch show he did on BBC called Big Train. Great stuff, tho a little askew. Heard a show he did with Frost called Spaced was hilarious, but they haven't released it on DVD in North America yet.
    Btw, here's a nice bit o' trivia. RFBR is directed by David "Ross" Schwimmer, who played the prick officer in Band of Brothers. His second in command at the beginning of the series? 1st Sgt. Evans, played by... Simon Pegg.
    Christ, I need a life.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Okay, saw it. Formulaic as fuck-all -- jeebus, I could have written most of that while in a heroin-induced coma -- but there were enough funny bits to make it worth catching when it's out on video. Shocked to see that Michael Ian Black wrote the original screenplay. I always thought his cache was that he was 'out there,' more than a little askew with the rest of the world. Then he writes this A+B=C stuff? Hmph.
    I wouldn't spend $8.50 on it, like I did. Soild single into left field for Schwimmer's first directorial work, but wait for the DVD.

Draft saved Draft deleted