1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rumored Ron Artest trade to Knicks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But ... but ... but ... they can't fire Isiah, he improved the team 12 games (or whatever the hell it was) this year!! ::) ::)

Almost entirely due to the fact he wasn't intentionally tanking games to make his management look bad, as was the case with his predecessor. :eek: :eek:

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You mean Larry Brown knows how to tank the right way?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ohh sure -- don't make it obvious (get a technical in a tie game with 10 seconds left, etc.) -- just start all the wrong combinations of players, guys who absolutely cannot and will not play together, screw up the substitution patterns, etc etc.

All to show the idiots in the front office how much better things would be if they got you all the players YOU wanted -- every single one, that is. Never mind they already did get most of them, and also never mind you knew perfectly well how fucked up the roster was when you took the job.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Shows how much you know. Artest is a very unselfish player.
    If they catch fire early, I think they'll be fine. Winning cures everything. They can do whatever the hell they want to inside the locker room and in the clubs. The scoreboard dosn't count any punches thrown during team showers after practice.
    This team will win and they'll be a very dangerous team come playoff time.

p.s. I think the only problem with this team is Isiah Thomas.
    [/quote]Should the proposed trade go through and the players get in trouble off-the-court, it will affect the on-court performance. Nowhere else in the league is there a nightly media crunch as there is in NY. On a normal night, there are 30-to-50 media members at a Knick game. Say there's a fight or an arrest. That number goes up exponentially.

[/quote]
    Kobe and Shaq=Dynasty
    Cowboys of the 90's=Dynasty

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think I'm missing your point here Chuck. Are you saying that despite the off-court/field incidents those teams were still able to succeed.

Because I don't think having the two stars of the team feud while everyone else gets on with it is equitable with the fireworks HB is envisioning as far as possible issues in the locker room, or after the games in the city.

I don't think the apocalypse will hit MSG if this deal does happen, but obviously there are those who don't share that view.

On the other hand, if you think this move would give the Knicks dynastic potential, I too have a bridge in Brooklyn.....

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Like everybody else, I see the potential for disaster if the Knicks get Artest, but I'd still make the deal if I were Isiah, even if it meant giving up David Lee. Artest and Zach Randolph might be thugs, but the one thing that can be said about Isiah is that his players, even the problematic ones like Marbury, tend to like him and play hard for him. If anyone can keep Artest and Randolph under control, Zeke might be the guy. As for the rest of them, is Curry a bad guy? Is Q Richardson? Crawford? I don't see why this team would necessarily be destined to have bad chemistry. It's just as likely that they'd be a solid playoff team in the East.

If they could get Artest without giving up Lee, it's a no-brainer. Lee would be the perfect big man off the bench on nights when Curry and Randolph are getting in each other's way in the low post, but I think people tend to overrate him. Lee is an energy guy, a tough rebounder, but he can't shoot and doesn't have much of an offensive game. 20 minutes a night is fine for him. But if Sac insists on him in return for Artest, so be it. Lee isn't such a unique talent that NY can't replace him. Roll the dice and get Artest.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Wouldn't it be great to have your child attend a youth basketball clinic put on by this group of Knicks?

8. Chuck~Taylor

Apparently if you're black and you play for the Knicks, you must be a thug.

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I've been told that Zach Randolph isn't nearly as bad as his reputation, but this whole thing seems like the type of thing that would cause ESPN to orgasm instantaneously and then wonder "What happened?" six months later.

10. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Stop that B.S right now. No one said anything like that. If the Knicks bring in people who are thugs and just happen to be black I don't care. I could careless if they were blue, purple or green they are thugs regardless. If the Knicks trade for Artest I can guarantee another losing season and another fired coach.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Buck the Fuckeyes

p.s. artest does his stuff outside of the locker room. but he's unselfish and he'll be fine on the court.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

OK, I'm sold. Bring in Artest.

Draft saved Draft deleted