1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rumored Ron Artest trade to Knicks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jul 4, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

[​IMG]

PLUS

[​IMG]

TIMES

[​IMG]

EQUALS

[​IMG]

Class dismissed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

In addition to the book already suggested, there's a reality show begging to be produced.

And somewhere, the idiots will again extend Zeke's contract for giving birth to this monster.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Shows how much you know. Artest is a very unselfish player.
    If they catch fire early, I think they'll be fine. Winning cures everything. They can do whatever the hell they want to inside the locker room and in the clubs. The scoreboard dosn't count any punches thrown during team showers after practice.
    This team will win and they'll be a very dangerous team come playoff time.

p.s. I think the only problem with this team is Isiah Thomas.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Artest went for 18 ppg, 6 rpg and 3 apg for the Kings last season, and hasn't really gotten into any trouble since he got sent away from Indiana.

Everyone is still holding the Punchout at the Palace over his head when he really hasn't had any incidents since then. It wouldn't be a bad starting five, with the newly acquired Randolph Morris and Relando Balkman coming off the bench, the Knicks frontline would have some serious depth.

Lee was a great catalyst off the bench for New York last season, but as a player I don't think anyone would seriously debate Artest is an upgrade. Coming back to the Garden where he starred for St. John's might even add some motivation.

5. dargan

dargan Active Member

You've got to be kidding me if you think this team has any potential as a contender in the East. Ron Artest is the only guy who has done something Pacman hasn't --- run into the crowd and attack a fan. And, I wouldn't doubt Artest has experience "making it rain" with $80,000 cash on strippers.

Trading David Lee would indeed get rid of everything good about the Knicks, which, obviously, isn't very much. Lee's a solid player who averaged a double-double last season on a team that might have won 25 games in the West. Like a couple people have already said, the only thing interesting about this falls into the "passing-by-a-car-wreck" morbid curiosity line of thinking.

If this happens, we need to start an over-under on how many home games it takes before Artest attacks Spike Lee. The only thing left for this team to do is re-sign Spree and hire PJ Carlesimo away from the Sonics.

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

Yeah, I guess it's unfair that people hold it against him since he ran into the stands and attacked a fan. That was almost three years ago. How could everyone still be hung up on that?

(blue font needed)

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The point is, it happened, but its hardly fair to still call Artest a headcase after he's played two strong seasons in Sacramento.

It's not like he's Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson or others who have not shown they've learned from their mistakes. Artest served his suspension, came back to the league, and has kept his nose clean since.

You want crazy, you should be looking for Stephan Jackson, who since the Palace brawl has continued to get into trouble. Artest has not.

8. dargan

dargan Active Member

My point is, as crazy and bone-headed as Pacman and Tank are, neither of them ran into a crowd and jumped a fan.. And don't think anybody who is suspicious of Artest's candidacy as a headcase is being unfair.

But, I'll give you Port Arthur's own, Stephen Jackson. That guy's crazy.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

My question, then, is when does Artest get to take the crazy label off? As bad as the Palace was, it's as though he never gets a second chance from some, when others get two, three or even four.

Does it have anything to do with Artest's moment of infamy being captured on tape?

10. dargan

dargan Active Member

That's a good question. Does he ever get that label removed? It was unprecedented was the thing. It's not like he bumped an official or something during a game. He charged into the stands after a fan. It's the unbridled moment of rage in his action that's the troubling thing. It's not even like Spree choking Carlesimo. In no way can you justify Spree doing that, but he knew PJC and had to be around him all the time. Artest just jumped up and ran after the first person he saw.....after Ben Wallace confronted him and he didn't want any of it, mind you. Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal shouldn't be off the hook, either, though. I think people kinda sweep O'Neal's punch under the rug, when in fact it was probably a lot worse than anything Artest did to that little squirrely guy.

For me, the bottom line is I wouldn't want any of those guys on my team if I was a GM. Of course, I'm not and won't ever be, so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Artest and Jackson going into the stands wasn't unprecedented.

Vernon Maxwell did the same thing back in 1995 at Portland. He claimed a fan had heckled him about his wife's miscarriage, went into the stands and punched him.

And after that he never shook the "Mad Max" tag.

12. dargan

dargan Active Member

Yeah, you're right. I forgot about that. But the Palace thing still was pretty ridiculous as far as scope is concerned.

Anyway, I didn't mean to threadjack. Back to the issue. I think the Knicks ditching Lee is just as bad as them acquiring Artest. Marbury, Crawford, Artest, Randolph, and Curry -- wow. That thing is a powder keg.

Draft saved Draft deleted