1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rumored Ron Artest trade to Knicks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jul 4, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Mean Machine

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Who passes the ball? Who sets a screen?

Who is the rational one on the team? Curry? Starbury?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No way does that team get to the Finals, East or no East.

Curry and Randolph play the same position and each need the ball to be effective, as does Crawford and Marbury; Ron-Ron will demand his touches or he'll pout and spout off in the papers.

This team is a car wreck waiting to happen. If they get Artest, it will be the costliest disaster since Waterworld.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Who needs passing and screens? The proposed 2007-08 Knicks won it all on Chucky's XBox.

5. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

LOL that is hilarious. This team would compete for the top lottery pick and then trade it for some more over priced head case veteran.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If Idiot Boy and I agree on something, maybe I need to re-think my position.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That team will be a nightmare of bad personalities, if this trade is for real. But Isaiah already has a mess on his hands. David Lee was one of the nicest things that team had going for it, but when he traded for Randolph, it left no place on the court for Lee. So I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to trade Lee. Obviously, Ron Artest is a bad idea for 1,000 reasons--the personalities already on the Knicks are bad enough, the problems waiting to happen when you bring Artest back home to NY, etc. But if the Knicks are going to upgrade one piece of their starting line-up by trading Lee, small forward is it. Marbury is set at PG. Crawford at SG. Randolph at PF. And Curry at C. Richardson at SF could be upgraded, and with the pieces they already have in place, they don't need yet another guy who scores at SF, so an Artest type of player, who will play hard defense and do the nitty-gritty stuff is actually a pretty ideal upgrade. Artest doesn't need the ball to be happy. The problem is that he might flip out at any time or decide to disappear from the team half way through the season. Isaiah is like the guy who is $30K in the hole and keeps going back to his bookie with bigger bets to try to dig himself out. This could get really ugly.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

There are only two ways this could go:

1. Nuclear
    2. Nuke-ular

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

As I am not and probably never will be a Knicks fan, this exerts a driving-by-a-bad-car-wreck sort of fascination for me.

10. When the Knicks passed on Artest the year he came out of St. John's, I thought that was the best thing for him becuase playing at home would have been a disaster. Artest has too big of an entourage coming out of Queensbridge. You put him in NYC 365, you are asking for lots, and lots of trouble.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

And I got some beans I found in my front yard you might be interested in Chuck. I think they're magical and I heard adding water from the fountain of youth makes them kick fuckin' ass.

12. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

This team needs a camera on them 24/7.

Must-see TV for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted