1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rumeal Robinson makes it rain waaaaay too much

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 12, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not seeing her attraction

[​IMG]

2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

C'mon, everyone knows how you put a band together. The guy who can't play an instrument, but girls will actually talk to him? You put him on bass.

3. dooley_womack1

Some women prefer the tuna player, tho.

4. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Never much cared for REO Speedwagon.

5. dooley_womack1

Now if we can just find a fish dressed as a French maid

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I looked up "french maid fish" on google images and saw that as well. I considered posting it.

7. dooley_womack1

Would Grantland Rice and Red Smith be Googling "French maid fish"? I think not.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I guess prison needed a guy who is clutch with a national title on the line...

Robinson sentenced to 6½ years in prison

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Former basketball star Rumeal Robinson
    has been sentenced to 6½ years in federal prison for financial fraud.

A jury found Robinson guilty in September of 11 charges, including bank bribery, wire fraud, conspiracy to commit bank fraud and making a false statement to a financial institution.

Prosecutors say Robinson schemed between 2004 and 2005 to borrow more than $700,000 from a bank in Ankeny with the help of a loan officer.

They say Robinson claimed to borrow the money for a business but actually bought a condominium, cars, furniture and invested in an energy company.

Robinson was also ordered to pay nearly $1.2 million in restitution.

Robinson, grew up in Cambridge, Mass. He starred for the University of Michigan and spent six seasons in the NBA.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I second that.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

The foul that led to his winning free throws remains one of the more underrated terrible calls in the history of sports.

1:50 mark.

I mean, that's as bad as it gets.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Does this enhance or decrease the value of his Skybox card?

I could use a financial windfall.

I figure this bumps it up to two, maybe three cents.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Glad you said it. Rumeal's been getting decades of credit for those free throws, yet nobody mentions that he shouldn't have been on the line to begin with.

However, it takes 2d place to my personal no. 1 "underrated" hoops officiating blunder: Magic's famous baby sky hook in the 87 Finals should never have happened. They got the ball back only because, seconds before, Kareem got away with one of the more egregious pivot foot shuffles ever non-called. CBS never mentioned it, nobody mentioned it, to this day I've no clue how nobody else seemed to see it.

Draft saved Draft deleted