1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rules of Engagement

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Didn't change the channel tonight like I usually do.
    Does the show usually suck this bad?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It usually depends who the story revolves around. If it's Spade or Warburton, it can be OK. If it's the other couple, it's awful.

All of the CBS Monday night shows are or have become pretty bad. I haven't watched tonight's fare yet.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yes, yes it does.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not that this is high praise, but it's the funniest show CBS has on Mondays.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Why aren't you watching Lie To Me? Great show.

6. Moderator1

Is that a show about Pinocchio's date?

7. imjustagirl

No. Tim Roth. I'm telling you...great show.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Started sucking at about the fifteen minute mark of the first episode.

9. Moderator1

Mondays in general are awful, about to become my reading night. I had high hopes for Mike and Molly but that's just a series of fat jokes. Two and A Half Men is about Four and a Half years past being good. How I Met Your Mother just isn't funny anymore.

I have all of the House season on DVR but that started going downhill for me last season.

I think my entire TV life now is the Tuesday threesome (Glee, the two NCIS shows) and Modern Family on Wednesday. And Tuesday is also all you can eat night at Quaker Steak. Thank goodness for the DVR.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Is the show based on that bad movie with the kid from 'Dawson's Creek'?

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Second that. Roth's great in it. (And now my geeky admission: I'm happy just watching the opening with all the facial expressions over and over, particularly the little girl who is surprised. Don't know why that's so much fun for me, but it is.)

12. imjustagirl

Me too, Killick. I kind of wish they did more of what they did in the first few eps, where they showed celeb/famous faces doing the same things as the people in the show. It's much more limited now, but always enjoyable.

Draft saved Draft deleted