1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ruh-roh, Rudy, Part Deux

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 1, 2007.

1. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2007/12/01/2007-12-01_city_taxpayers_picked_up_tab_for_judith_-1.html

Holy Jeebus, he seems a bit screwed. It's one of these stories a day now.
    Plus his security people have taken to shoving the press corps around.
  2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think it will be pretty comical if this, among all the dirt out there about Rudy, is what brings him down.

That said, this story does seem to be getting traction, for whatever reason.
  3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

So, you're telling me there's a crooked politician running for president.

Color me shocked. ::)
  5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Your cynicism is noted, but the fascinating thing to me is always the brazen way some of these guys go about it.

Car and driver for your mistress? Bill it to the city. Tryst in the Hamptons? Bill it to some random planning office.
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Rudy not winning the nomination will not cause me to shed any tears.
  7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I will be very interested to see what happens if he implodes and the GOP is essentially left with a decision between Huckabee and Romney.

Very interested.
  8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've got no problem with Romney, but I would think that if Rudy implodes, Thompson probably would pick up a lot of that former Rudy support.
  9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thompson's done. There is no Thompson.

There's a better chance of McCain coming back from the dead that Thompson doing anything. He doesn't want to campaign. I don't think he wants the job. He's just taking up space and money.
Draft saved Draft deleted