1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ruh-Roh! Portland Trail Blazers believe in collusion

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I didn't see this on the NBA thread or anywhere else. If there is, sorry about the d_b. The Blazers sent an e-mail to every team in the league telling them that they will sue them if they sign Darius Miles, which would add millions to their salary cap.

Miles is rumored to be heading back to the Memphis Grizzlies, threat be damned.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txblazersmileslawsuit&prov=st&type=lgns

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Blazers signed him to that ridiculous contract. Why should another team cover for their mistake? Frankly, I was hoping Utah or the Lakers would sign Miles. There isn't enough team vs. team hatred in the NBA. In baseball you have the Cubs and Cardinals, the Dodgers and Giants, and the Yankees and Red Sox and the Mets and Phils. Football has Chicago-Green Bay, Cowboys and the rest of the NFC East, Raiders and the rest of the AFC West, the entire AFC North, and the Pats and Jets.
    The NBA is really lacking in this department.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

All the Grizz need to do is prove that Miles can "play" in the league at the bare-minimum level (i.e., put him in the last 5 minutes of a 30-point loss and let him score one point) and they're home free.

As DanOregon says, if you don't like getting hamstrung by idiotic contracts, don't sign players to them. And if I'm the Grizz, I make absolutely damn sure he DOES play in at least two games.

And then I start talking about moving to Seattle.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Memphis at Portland Feb. 18.

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Don't know what the Blazers could be thinking. If there's any grounds for a lawsuit here, I'd think it would be Miles suing the Blazers for trying to conspire to keep him from pursuing his NBA career.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Couldn't play before the knee injuries so proving he can play now might be tough.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If he can walk out on the court, he can "play."

It's up to the judgment of the Memphis Grizzlies, not the Portland Trail Blazers, as to whether that level of play is good enough or not.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

LOL salary caps

Draft saved Draft deleted