1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R'uh r'oh, Penguins fans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Mar 5, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Let me repeat: Eff you, Ken Sawyer.

2. Wicked - What do you have against Ken Sawyer? He's not the man driving this relocation talk. Ron Burkle will refuse to accept any deal without pulling out all the stops. Lemieux and Sawyer are just passengers in that billionaire's car.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He was the one trying to ram the Isle of Capri deal down everyone's throats. He just left a bad taste in my mouth and the mouths of many native Pittsburghers, that's all.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Guarantee you we're not talking about any of this if it were the Flyers and not the Pens. Fat Eddie would jam a deal through for a state-funded arena faster than it took them to rescue those people on I-78. Oh wait, that's not saying much.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Fat Eddie also got PNC/Heinz done.

He'll try his best to make the new arena thing a slam-dunk, because he can't afford to give all those votes to Lynn Swann/GOP's flavor of the month (Santorum?) next time around.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ah, Ed Rendell. I'll always fondly remember Todd Stottlemyre's heartfelt wishes for Rendell, who was then Philly's mayor, after the 1993 World Series championship parade. :)

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Good Lord, Rick running for guv next time around.
    Thanks for the nightmares I'll have tonight.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Hey, that's when Pittsburgh votes to secede from Pennsylvania and joins Ohio, right?

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Or the panhandle of West Virginia.
    Rename it Walton's Mountain.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Pittsburghers are a little smarter than that. If they joined WV, WV's IQ would increase fivefold.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fat Eddie also got the new stadiums in Philly attached to Heinz/PNC. No way he could take care of Philly without taking care of Pittsburgh.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I can't wait to hang my 2008 Pittsburgh Penguins team photo in the office now.

I'll be laughing for days.

Revenge is sweet.

Draft saved Draft deleted