1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudy's Campaign Hits Another Bump

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 25, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You mean like Gore/Clinton? Not impossible, and maybe not improbable either.
    I think what Gore brings to the table is that he was right then and he's right now.
    The majority of American voters thought he was right in 2000 as well.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

From what I've read, I'm mainly thinking of a great David Remnick article from a while ago, I don't think Gore and Hillary got along particularly well.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Gore couldn't beat Bush. He ran a shitty campaign. He really did.

And I, for one, am fucking tired of Democratic candidates and voters who would rather be right and lose than risk pissing anyone off to win.

I really, really am. No offense to you, Jay, because what you say makes a certain kind of sense, but Gore isn't any better a politician this time around. I agree that he's a good guy and a good public servant. I just don't think he's a good candidate -- especially not again.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

I couldn't agree more.
    An aggressive Democrat wins.
    One who sits passively and spouts and plays both sides to offend the least amount of people? We see through it.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Some Presidents and Veeps never got along.

JFK/LBJ
    Nixon/Agnew

Maybe if Gore would run and think HRC is the only way he could win, given it's the 2nd time around, I say he swallows his pride and does it.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm almost certain that Aaron Sorkin wrote this during Gore's last go-round, or shortly thereafter:

I am tired of working for candidates who make me think I should be embarrassed to believe what I believe. I’m tired of getting them elected. We all need some therapy because somebody came along and said liberal means soft on crime, soft on drugs, soft on communism, soft on defense and we’re going to tax you back to the stone age because people shouldn’t have to go to work if they don’t want to. And instead of saying “well excuse me, you right wing reactionary, xenophobic, homophobic, anti-education, anti-choice, pro-gun leave it to beaver trip back to the fifties, we cowered in the corner and said, “please don’t hurt me. NO MORE!

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Toby?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bruno Gianelli.

Great character, BTW.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Bruno.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

He should have been on that show LONG before he was.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You mean instead of Mandy?

Lemmethinkaboutthatforananosecond... Yup. That would have been money.

Sorry for the WW-jack, all.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Mandy never bugged me.

Draft saved Draft deleted