1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudy tosses his Yankee cap in the ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Nov 13, 2006.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There was a joke of a GOP candidate running for the county court clerk post here. His radio commercials were two guys doing Regan and W commercials, with the fake W gloating over his prowess as a "communicrator." If he had never run a single ad, I probably wouldn't have voted Democrat in that race. But no way am I voting in a guy who takes his inspiration from struggling Kia dealers.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tho? He'th thill the beth and most captivating thpeaker in thixteen yearth.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

I don't remember Rudy telling those cops to shoot Diallo or to stick a pole up Louima's ass.
    So, should the mayor of any city be held personally responsible for the actions of bad cops?
    And hey, Slick Willie got elected twice when we all knew he cheated on the Dem's 2008 nominee.
    Rudy ain't perfect but he turned NYC around and I bet he could do a decent job nationally, much better than the White House's current occupant.
    This is all moot, the Christians that run the GOP will never let a pro-gay rights, gun control candidate get the nod.
    Never.
    Why do you think McCain is kissing Jerry Falwell's ass?

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Rudy support the cops...Rudy made excuses for the cops.. Rudy fostered an atmosphere where police violence was OK if it helped him "clean up" the city.
    When the cops shot the wrong black guy outside a bar on 34th Street because he looked like a guy they were after, Rudy released the man's prior misdemeanor records to prove he was a bad guy any way.

If you think the Bush administration is willing to trample on people's rights, wait til you see Rudy in action.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

And remember, "America's Mayor" tried to use 9/11 for his own political purposes by proposing that the November mayoral elections be postponed at least 6 months and his expiring term be extended indefinitely so he could continue the job of leading the city back from this crisis...like he was the only one capable of doing it.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

In his defense, I felt far better with him in charge (well, I don't live in the city, but you know what I mean) than I do with Michael "Four-Day Weekends At Aspen" Bloomberg.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So, I'm trying to figure out, does spnited like Giuliani or not?

8. Does the name Bernie Kerik ring a bell?
    And do you want Rudy's clammy authoritarian mitts on the CIA and on the FBI?
    I don't.
    Plus the wife-dumping, and the mistress-flaunting, and the gay roommates, and the renegade cops are all going to play hell with various bases of power that some GOP candidates think are important.
    Anyway, no.

9. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Called this over a year ago. It'll be the Republicans best chance to defeat Hillary.

Still think he's too moderate for the red staters. What will red staters do when the options are moderates like Rudy G and McCain, or Hillary?

Perhaps the significance of red staters lasted just two elections.

Also ... IT APPEARS the dems have Ohio back. Dems get Ohio and PA, and they get the election.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Paging Larry Coker.....

11. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Actually, when the dems try character slander, it never works. Nobody seemed to care George Bush was a cokehead ... or draft dodger ....

Yet the Swift Boat bullshit was A HUGE DEAL ...

12. McCain is a moderate?
    Wow.

Draft saved Draft deleted