1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudy Shakes Down Israel for Protection Money

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jun 13, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Well, maybe the JPost reads SJ, or I wasn't the only one who thought the Rudy email was weird.

Received this followup email this morning. Someone got in trouble:

Code:
    [i]Clarification:

In recent days, registered users of jpost.com have received a paid email advertisement for Rudy Giuliani.

The bottom of this email advertisement stated that it was "Paid for by the Rudy Giuliani Presidential Committee, Inc." However, correct practice is to mark such emails as advertising in the "Subject" box as well. Because of an internal error, this practice was not followed. We have taken steps to insure that it will be in future.

We would like to stress again that the content of this advertisement has no connection to The Jerusalem Post newspaper or its online content, and does not reflect the editorial views of The Jerusalem Post in any way. 

Commercial Department

The Jerusalem Post online 
    [/i]

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yeah - I'll bet it was an "internal error" . Mistakes were made.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Money equals votes. The more money you have the more you can spend to familiarize the public with who you are. At the end of the day, isn't Rudy just asking for money so that he can obtain more votes. It is the same thing.

4. Boom_70

What next - a letter from Rudy to the citizens of Darfur telling them to put aside the hunger pains and send him a few dollars. When he is elected president he will put a chicken in every hut.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

If I was convinced that he was the best candidate for the issue I cared most about, my money would be better spent helping him get elected than being given "directly" to any of those organizations.

As for the cheesiness charge, I am not defending it.

6. Boom_70

By that logic Al queda will be contributing to the Clinton campaign

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I don't disagree. In fact I never said I thought it was a good thing. I asked what the difference was between Rudy's request and Cheney's. In both cases, they are equal scum.

8. One concept:
    Bernie Freaking Kerik -- Director of Homeland Security.
    Sorry, Rudy.

Draft saved Draft deleted