1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudy: one step closer to extinction

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

We can agree to disagree.

2. Ok. Either way, my point is, I don't think being a good man makes you a good president and I don't think being a bad man makes you a bad president.
    I care about what the president does for our country. Are we better off with that person in the White House? Within reason, that is all I am concerned about.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How do you feel about Hillary voting to allow the war. Was she mislead or did she lie also?

4. Boom_70

So by that reasoning then it was good to have Nixon in the White House.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, building homes for the less fortunate. Whatta prick.

6. She was misled like we all were.
    And that vote doesn't mean what it is painted as now. You may remember Bush saying, "Give me this power and I'll use it to get Sadaam to allow inspectors back in."
    As soon as he was granted the power, he declared war.
    If he lied about nothing else (and there's a ton of evidence that he did), that's a pretty damning lie.
    He was discussing plans for invading Iraq with his staff while he was still campaigning. There was no question we would be going to war once he got elected.
    I'm not a whacko who says he was behind 9/11, but I am convinced he saw it as a way for him to take out Sadaam.

7. No, Boom, I said within reason. I think doing the things he did are outside of those perimeters.

8. Boom_70

This quote sounds like she was doing the misleading:

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weap ons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002.

9. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Bill Clinton had PERSONAL problems. He would would receive 60-plus percent of the popular vote if he ran today.

Those thousands of GOP-partisan attacks in the form of subpeonas went nowhere b/c they were a politcal witchunt. Unlike the numerous members of the W administration that have been convicted.

Hillary won't unite the country but that's the only reason I don't want her as nominee. Bill Richardson, Al Gore and Mark Warner and perhaps Joe Biden could bring us together. But, the 51 percent rule is a Rovian creation. You play the game with the rules that exist, not the army err... rules you wish you had.

The GOP has no one to run. Hillary will ignite the "anti-liberal" machine but it won't be enough to stop her from winning the electoral college.

10. Boom_70

that is a great point - as moraly bankrupt as Bill Clinton is from a personal standpoint it does not detract from his popularity. It proves you can be a slimeball and a good president at the same time.

11. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Lamar, do you honestly believe Gore would "bring us together" as a nation????? If so, ship me what you are smoking.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm sure Nixon once dropped a nickel in a jar too - what low standards you have.

Here's the overflow of an article that is per-pay only that gets into some of it. Please spare me the NR bashing, you can ignore, refute etc., but come with something better than assumed bias as a basis to assume that he is presenting outright lies.

http://www.nationalreview.com/script/printpage.p?ref=/flashback/flashback-nordlinger101102.asp

Draft saved Draft deleted