1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudy: one step closer to extinction

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Aug 11, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Seems the ex-mayor can't stop overstating his 9/11 heroism:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070811/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani_ground_zero

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Re: Rudy: one step coser to extinction

Is the coser a kind of dance?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Thanks, doc. fixed

fucktard!

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Rudy does seem to have a little bit of a problem with diarrhea of the mouth. He might want to keep a can of STFU in his carry-on bag for occasions like these.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

But, if Rudy doesn't win the election, who will trample the Constitution and Bill Of Rights after Dubya leaves office?

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He did a fine job after 9/11 (and before -- compare NYC under him to what he inherited from David Dinkins), and he always treated the tragedy solemnly. He may be a politician, but he has not done a skeevy job of trying to boost himself beyond good taste on the backs of those dead people, and while he understandably takes credit for the job he did as mayor, he has never been the guy walking around with a bullhorn calling himself a hero--the way he gets portrayed on here by people who dislike him. The actual thing about him is that he is much less a grandstander and pontificator--what just about every candidate is--and more of a guy who has shown a demonstrated history of rolling up his sleeves and actually doing something.

Take issue with what he does, maybe. You might not like his style or his ideas. But this kind of stuff doesn't put him closer to "extinction." I have been saying it for at least a year on here. People who hate him tend to project their hate well beyond what most of the rest of America sees, and this guy is a very strong candidate. When things narrow down, he is going to prove himself incredibly quick on his feet, an effective speaker (MUCH better than Hilary Clinton who will look scripted beyond belief next to him) who can actually rouse a crowd and a political SOB who knows how to stick the knife in and twist it. He's not near extinction. He's leading among the Republicans--even though several people on here for months were saying NEVER going to happen--and polls in those key primary states show him and Hilary neck in neck if there was an election today.

You might hate him. But get used to it. He is a serious candidate. A lot can change between now and the nominations. But this stupid little shit? Nuh uh. Not going to derail what he has going.

7. joe

joe Active Member

I'd like to see Rudy and Hillary neck in neck -- like Jack Bauer.

8. Even granting your point that he's a more formidable candidate than the thread title would have us believe -- which I do grant, by the way -- holy hell, Ragu, The Rudy Years in NYC, including pre and post-9/11, were a staggering welter of operatic grandiosity on the part of the mayor. To say he didn't "walk around with a bullhorn calling himself a hero" is to ignore an awaful lot of what he did that makes the notion of him running the national-security apparatus pretty scary. I think the Dorismond family would agree with me.
    http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0732,barrett,77463,6.html/full

Misspoke, my ass, by the way.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070810/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani_ground_zero

9. "On 9/11 all he did was run. He got that soot on him, and I don't think he's taken a shower since."

That about sums Guliani up for me.

10. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Please, please, please let Rudy win the GOP nomination.

Please.

The religious right will stay home. Independents/libertarians will vote for the Democratic nominee not for a liberal, no-foreign policy Yankee.

Go Rudy Go.

I'd love to see the debate vs Hillary -

HRC: When my husband strayed, I stayed and we have a stronger marriage for it. Instead of casting aside my former cousin wife and cheating on my second, I served on the foreign relations committee and authored legislation to make this country safer. Some people started "consulting companies" and cashed in on 9/11/.

RG: My daughter loves Obama and my son won't return my calls. If elected I will renominate Kerik as head of homeland security.

Please give me Rudy on the GOP ticket. I'd love to see Rudy in Oct. 2008 either flip-flopping on his stay-the-course Iraq speeches or sinking with that policy as the Dems and Independent voters demand change.

Come on down Rudy.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Remember, three thousand people gave their lives willingly on Sept. 11, 2001, so Rudy could be emperor.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Itt's a race tto tthe bottttom on tthe R side, isn'tt itt?

The shame of it is, someone's gotta win the GOP nomination.

Draft saved Draft deleted