1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudy: "I'm one of the four or five best known Americans in the world."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Sep 20, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. spnited

spnited Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Remember, 3,000 people willingly gave their lives so Rudy could get rich, trade in for a new wife and become emperor of the U.S. of A.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He traded in for the new wife before 9/11, although they weren't married yet.

5. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Which is why he had to sneak away to the WTC command post for booty calls.

6. I think, somewhere, Mizzou's head is vibrating at a dangerous level right now.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

He's known by all New Yorkers.

Isn't New York the center of the universe anyway?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Josh Marshall over at TPM had a great shot at Rudy -- well, I guess more at Rudy supporters -- today...

Am I the only one embarrassed by the dingbat brouhaha over Iranian President Ahmadinejad's attempt to visit Ground Zero to lay a wreath? Given relations between our countries I could see denying him a visa, but as long as we're hosting the UN that's not an option. Ahmadinejad now says he's "amazed" that such a visit would be insulting to Americans. Sen. McCain said that Ahmadinejad should be "physically restrained if necessary" from visiting the site. The National Review's Kathryn Lopez got worked up in such a lather that she begged Rudy Giuliani to "lead a human blockade keeping Ahmadinejad from getting to Ground Zero" -- thus demonstrating once and for all Rudy's true calling as the surrogate id of right-wing nerds everywhere.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/053780.php

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He (Ahmadinejad) doesn't get to use a national tragedy to raise his political profile, only we (US Politicians) get use a national tragedy to raise their political profile.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm with McCain.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted