1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudolph/Red Nosed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shoeless Joe, Nov 30, 2010.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I always liked Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas, or whatever it was called. I should look for that on DVD.

Claymation ... like "Chicken Run"?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Best. Christmas. Special. Ever.

3. imjustagirl

No! I was just saying "Christ" about it being a REALLY filled-out wiki entry about a 1970s TV special.

I didn't mean "Christ, why didn't you guys look this up?" Swear to Punto.

4. imjustagirl

I feel stupid that that's how it came across. So you're funny, and I'm stupid.

Sun rises in East. :D

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

The Teevee takes its lead from no one. The Teevee does as The Teevee sees fit.

Anybody know how big the dolls actually are? It wasn't in the Wiki entry. They seem to be small little puppets on the show, but I would think they'd have to be sort of big to make all the frame-by-frame manipulation easier. Like, I can see the Abominable being maybe at least two feet tall. Not sure why this matters or why I'm thinking about it ... maybe this fifth Harpoon has something to do with it.

Can't watch these shows in November, though. I'm going to need a few more weeks, at least.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One of my faves, and my mom used to love watching it too.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

If they keep up what they usually do, ABC Family airs all of the 30-minute specials during the month of December. Usually two of them back to back from 6-7 EST.

And I watched the Grinch animated cartoon a few weeks ago on TBS.

8. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Among my large collection of DVDs are a few VHS tapes ... including one I made as a kid in the early 80s of cartoon specials on CBS. One of them is Rudolph, which I loved, but I also like to watch the older commercials too (such as the Sears one that says, "Hurry! Offer expires Dec. 31, 1984.")

I bet for you children of the 70s and 80s, you'd like to see this before they played Rudolph today. I know I do:

9. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Sort of annoying that they air the holiday classics while Fox runs a new episode of "Glee."

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Personally I'm partial to the Year Without a Santa Claus, just for the Meiser brothers.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My kids watch the Grinch and Rudolph (and Frosty) year round.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Saw the premiere of Rudolph as a 4-year old. Abominable Snowman scared the beejeebus out of me.

Draft saved Draft deleted