1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudolph/Red Nosed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shoeless Joe, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is on CBS right now.
    I loved this as a kid. Watched it every year. Seeing it 30 years later in HD is kicking.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone owns the actual puppets (are they puppets?) or dolls of Rudolph and his friends that were used to make the show. How cool would that be to own the actual Rudolph??

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The Grinch is also on ABC right now. Although there's only about five minutes left.

4. Shoeless Joe

I don't know about the puppets. It always looks like it's a mixture of solid objects that are animated. Watching it on HD, you can see hair on the deer.

5. Shoeless Joe

and who the heck puts Rudolph and the Grinch opposite one another ... let me guess, Frosty is on NBC.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Two all-time can't-miss classics, and if they're on this early, I suppose they'll air them a few times.

Along with Charlie Brown.

7. Shoeless Joe

I also found it strange they were on in NOVEMBER

I guess TV is taking Wal-Mart's lead on Christmas

8. Shoeless Joe

Naaaaa, it's better when they come to him hat in hand

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Yeah, definitely not puppets, I know. More like dolls? I read somewhere they had to move them for every click of the camera to create motion.

I hated the Frosty show so much...always cried when he melted. What a mean thing to do to little kids. :'(

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Claymation, I believe.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

No, claymation is more like Gumby or the dancing raisins. Rudolph is the kind of animation that gets shot frame by frame. Seems like a lot of work for the life story of a mutant reindeer, but I guess they knew what they were doing.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

LOTS of info here. Christ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolph_the_Red-Nosed_Reindeer_%28TV_special%29

Draft saved Draft deleted