1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudolph is on CBS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ColbertNation, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Santa Claus is Coming to Town is tonight on ABC. Frosty is on CBS on Friday.

2. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Damn snowman pulls down a stalactite and knocks Rudolph unconscious, then he's suddenly reformed and putting stars on trees. I just don't buy it. And every year, I argue whether Donner is the bigger prick, or the head elf. Tough call.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I thought the elf dentist was cute.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

But mommy, where's the duck?

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Gotta be the head elf. Donner is a product of his environment, given the machismo-filled world of reindeer games. The head elf is more of an anomaly since most elves are seen as cheery types. There's no reason, with is status as head elf, that he cannot delegate more responsibility to the workforce.

As for the bumble, don't we all deserve a second chance? But keep a close eye, any day a reformed Bumble could bear his massive claws and gut Santa from stem to stern.

By the way, Hermey's path to dentistry a metaphor for someone coming to grips with their sexuality. Read between the lines. Hermey is gay.

I love that damn movie. And I haven't even touched on the misfit toys! Charlie-in-the-box ... classic.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rudolph is right up there with Charlie Brown.

Two best by a country mile.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I remember watching it in college with a couple of guys who did this whole MST3Kesque commentary (a few years before Joel birthed the bots) about what an anticommunist piece of propaganda it was, and how Hermie represented the worker struggling against the system.
    When I hear "Hermie," I think of one of The Rock's great insult bits.

Draft saved Draft deleted