1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ruby Tuesday: Should I bother?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Oct 30, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's good, but we've since gotten a Beef O'Brady's.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'm definitely not a TGIFriday's fan, so I'd put RT above it. If you can't make a nacho right, you're not worth my time.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I've been to TGI twice. Never had anything better than lukewarm. So yeah, not a fan there either.

4. amraeder

5. amraeder

Spent 8 hours at a TGI Fridays in the Anchorage airport once. Not going to make my life's highlight reel.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Eight hours? Jeez ...

7. amraeder

Yeah, don't book flights on short notice during tourist season. Not a good idea.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I disagree. Applebee's isn't terrible for what it is. The spinach-shrimp salad is fantastic, and the grilled shrimp skewers on the WW menu are good as well.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Right. Actually, few if any other of those type of restaurants do the salad bar. Strawberry Street Cafe isn't national, but it was in a tub, so there's that.

10. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Airport restaurants don't count. They can't even serve anything that needs cutting, for cryin' out loud.

11. jps

jps Active Member

I'm ok with applebees ... you know what you're getting going in, and it's solid for what you're paying. but count me in on the salad bar fan club at ruby tuesday ... rarely get anything else there, though, so can't speak to their other food.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

yeah, i'll go there for the salad bar every once in a blue moon. i've rarely ordered anything else there.

Draft saved Draft deleted