1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ruby Tuesday: Should I bother?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Oct 30, 2008.

1. OTD

OTD Active Member

I noticed they're putting in a Ruby Tuesday near me. We haven't had them in my area before. Should I even try them or is it just another slice off the Applebee's/TGIFriday's wheel of cheese?
  2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It is of that ilk...but the salad bar is good, and the crabcake appetizer is really fucking good for a chain.
  3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Try it if you want to gain five lbs overnight. They've got the fattiest food of any restaurant I've ever seen.
  4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Actually, it used to be.

But now they're going for more of a white-tablecloth motif, with celebrity chefs on the menu, waiters wearing dress shirts and ties, stupid mood lighting and no TVs. Just gave them an excuse to jack up their prices ...

I much prefer the old way. They used to have pretty good burgers ...
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Salad bar is very solid.
  6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

It's an OK place ... but do have to say I enjoy their creamy mashed cauliflower as a substitute for mashed potatoes.
  7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Really doesn't do anything for me personally.
  8. KG

KG Active Member

I love that stuff! It's the reason I go to Ruby Tuesday's.
  9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Great song.
  10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

No one knows. She comes and goes.
  11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The Chocolate Tallcake thing is pretty good too, if you don't mind a week's worth of sat fats in one dessert. Solid salad bar because you can get spinach and craisins. Probably a quarter-tick better than Applebee's, quarter-tick behind TGIFriday's (though those losers are fading fast)
  12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're talking restaurant overall, right? Because I've never seen a salad bar at Applebee's.
Draft saved Draft deleted