1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rubicon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The last episode was so bad that critics were not going to be super positive. Add that to the ratings, especially as compared to the zombie show, it was 4 leaf clover time.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Yeah, that last episode was not the best. It seems like they were trying to force a couple of plot twists. It is a shame, though. I did enjoy the show.

3. Webster

The last three episodes before the finale were excellent. The finale was really bad and the Mo Ryans and Sepinwalls of the world got off of the train very quickly. I watched it again a couple of weeks ago and it was a completely different show.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Show was just barely OK. The first few episodes meandered like crazy. It had the same "Let's make this shit up as we go along" feel that Lost had. (Ducking)

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like Mike Ryan jumped off the train ...

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2010/11/amc-should-have-let-rubicon-live.html

6. Webster

I was referring to Maureen Ryan, now of AOL, who was a big fan of the second half of the season. http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/10/17/rubicon-finale/

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm a little disappointed they pulled the plug, but I also understand why.

This show is going to cult like status in a few years as one of those shows that was smart for teevee or some other similar notion.

Better to die young, I guess. I also didn't have a clue as to how they would have pulled off a second season.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

I'm disappointed but not surprised.

It was a niche show. And, no, that's not saying "it's only for smart people."

Draft saved Draft deleted