1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RTC

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by greenlantern, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Regional Toning Center?

We have a program called Intellitune that tones our photos for our state-of-the-art press that's an hour away.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Most photo problems I see are when the plates are out of register. And I see it at different newspapers around the country.

3. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

We used to have Intellitune. The quality was hit or miss. There were times the photos would be unusable.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

For 80 percent of photos printed on newsprint (which is a step or two above toilet paper), most humans won't be able to tell the difference between one toned by a human and one toned by (properly calibrated) software. Most of the other 20 percent were bad photos anyway.

5. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I heard through someone who worked at RTC that recently they made a lot of cuts there (like 20% of their staff) , so they're extremely understaffed now.

All I know is that's the one good thing about the regional copy desk. Pictures are of a very minimal concern to us now. The copy desk people send pictures through RTC.

6. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted