1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Royce Waltman out at Indiana State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by david kaye, Mar 2, 2007.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Merfeld resigned tonight.

2. Yep, it's on the wire.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm 1-for-1 so far on the coaching changes in the MVC. Hated on how Royce was bounced, but was right on with Merfeld.

Even with three years left on his contact, Moser has been feeling some heat from fans and administration with how his team has played. Some have went on to say that the Redbirds are undisciplined on the floor. They have talent, but they sure as hell don't play like it.

There is unmitigated rumors flying here in DSM that Dr. Tom could be ready to hand the keys over to his son Keno to run the show at Drake. I hope that's not true. He's has about 2-4 more years in the tank and the Bulldogs finished above .500 for the first time in 20 years. He should have gotten MVC coach of the year, but I don't have a vote.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That was exactly what I thought when I saw someone write that ISU has a big tradition.

Though to be fair, it does have a better tradition than IPFW.

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

The way Merfeld was acting after Thursday's game, you kinda knew this was coming. And I think his players knew, too.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Between the impressive NCAA resume, high RPI and coaching casualties, it's safe to say the Mo Valley is no longer a mid-major.

7. D-3 Fan

Zing!

8. david kaye

david kaye Member

I think Bob meant that as a compliment.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That's how I took it.

10. D-3 Fan

I know. I never used the Zing before. Just wanted to get it out of my system. :)

Mo Valley, you have a fan out of me (besides UNI and Drake).

11. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

No, the Valley isn't legit until each team has at least one guy under indictment.

12. trounced

trounced Active Member

ISU should be going really hard after Brad Brownell.

Draft saved Draft deleted