1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Royce Waltman out at Indiana State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by david kaye, Mar 2, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This never would have happened if Andi was still the AD.

2. Great spot-on rant here by Waltman to close out the story.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

maybe the timberwolves will fire randy wittman and he'll get this gig. just a thought. the names are sort of similar and wittman's an indiana guy, right?

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I left the tournament after the afternoon games, so I missed Waltman's rant.

I thought Merfeld was going to resign on the spot after Thursday's game.

Wouldn't mind seeing Greg Lansing get a head coaching job somewhere.

Oh, and having seen Dane Fife's team this year, he whines as much as a coach as he did as a player. He's done a decent job with IPFW, though, and seems like a good game coach.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Is there any coach in America that does not whine? I thought not.

Fife should take any job that can get him into a conference.

6. NDub

NDub Guest

IPFW is joining the Mid-Con next year. So Fife will have a conference gig.

The team is 12-16 this year and was 10-18 last year - both program highs. He's turning things around at IPFW but is only 27. Too young for ISU? IPFW made the hire because it had nothing to lose. ISU has a much richer tradition.

7. Yeah, but it's playing from behind in what's becoming the top mid-major in Division I. I'd rather see them hire an up-and-comer such as Fife than some 60-year-old retread. Who else is rumored for the gig in Terre Haute?

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Ray Giacoletti is available, as is Richie McKay.

9. sportschick

ISU thinks it has a tradition. They lucked out when they got Bird and they lucked out when they managed to land Menser, Renn and Green.

Other than that, the school's men's program has sucked giant donkey balls.

And I still hate Dane Fife. Maybe they could get Larry Kryskowiak (sp) to leave the NBA and come back to college.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If it's in the TribStar, it must be true...

11. david kaye

david kaye Member

How about ISU's top assistant Dick Bender, possibly the greatest name available.

12. sportschick

giggle.

If Dick Bender goes there and Tinkle stays at Montana, I will do NOTHING but giggle at men's basketball stories next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted