1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Royce Gracie fails drug test...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr7134, Jun 15, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sportswriters are calling out UFC guys for being juicers?

But wait. I thought the criticism of us by UFC fans is we weren't paying attention to their "sport."

So what is it? Are we picking on UFC guys for being juicers, or not paying attention to the "sport?"

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

It's a plot (hatched by boxing/IOC/whomever) to take down UFC/MMA by falsely accusing the world's greatest athletes of being on steroids. Impossible. These guys are as clean as Floyd Landis.

YHS, etc

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It's noteworthy that Gracie got dinged for steroids because not only is his an iconic name in the MMA world, he's also pretty small and not the type of fighter you'd expect to juice. This would be roughly equivalent to finding out that Joel Eckstein uses HGH. Plus he was tagged on a show where everyone else tested clean -- including Brock Lesnar, for crying out loud.

4. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

Not Johnnie Morton. After getting knocked out in thirty-eight seconds and leaving the ring on a stretcher he refused to take his post fight drug test.

His pre fight sample was tested by the CSAC though.

Guess what?

From a Dave Meltzer daily update...

Anyway, I guess this puts pay to Morton's attempts to get back in the NFL, which as everyone knows is drug free.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I guess this sport has hit the big time.

6. Big Game

Big Game Member

Before opening this thread, I tried to estimate the number of sarcastic comments that would be left in such a short time ... and I was way under. :) Typical.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Justin Blanchard would kick Royce Gracie's ass.

8. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

ESPN covered the story, badly.

From Dave Meltzer...

Draft saved Draft deleted